Forklift Course TestCourse Name: Forklift Operation & Safety
First Name: Last Name: Trainee SSN (XXX-XX-XXXX) or Employee No: No. of Questions= 28
Pass mark is - 70 %.
1. It is safe to give someone a ride on your lift truck. 1) True 2) False
2. Lift trucks use a hydraulic cylinder attached to chains to raise and lower the forks. 1) True 2) False
3. Wide and long loads are more unstable than other types of loads. 1) True 2) False
4. Before loading or unloading a trailer at a loading dock, you should: 1) Inspect the floor of the trailer to ensure that it will support the lift truck and the load. 2) Chock the wheels of the trailer. 3) Make sure that dock plates, boards, and ramps are in place and secure. 4) All of the above.
5. A brake pedal that sinks to the floor under continued pressure is in good operating condition. 1) True 2) False
6. All industrial trucks (lift trucks) are equipped with a clutch. 1) True 2) False
Of the three load positions illustrated above, which is most stable?
1) 1 2) 2 3) 3
8. The front wheels of a lift truck serve as the ____________________ between the weight of the truck and the weight of the load being carried. 1) Balance Point 2) Fulcrum Point 3) Center of Gravity 4) Seesaw Center
9. In order to solve an "Inch Pound Equation", you must use information provided on a truck's data plate. 1) True 2) False
10. The three major parts of a lift truck are the body (truck), overhead guard, and hydraulic lift. 1) True 2) False
11. You can place your hands and feet outside of the operator's compartment, as long as your head and body are protected. 1) True 2) False
12. Always check the air pressure in tires from the side, not by facing the tread. 1) True 2) False
13. The load capacity of a truck can be found on its data plate. 1) True 2) False
14. Which of the following is NOT a type of lift truck? 1) Gasoline Powered 2) Diesel Powered 3) Air-cooled Powered 4) Electric Powered
15. All industrial trucks (lift trucks) are equipped with controls which allow you to raise / lower and tilt the forks. 1) True 2) False
16. If the lift mechanism on your lift fails, you should try to repair the chains or hydraulic system yourself. 1) True 2) False
17. It is part of your job to complete a Daily Operator's Report after you have thoroughly inspected your lift truck. 1) True 2) False
18. If your truck starts to tip over: 1) Don't jump. 2) Stay in your seat. 3) Grip the wheel securely. 4) Brace yourself with your feet. 5) All of the above
What is wrong with this illustration? 1) Driving in the wrong direction 2) Load is too high 3) Nothing
The gauge on the right is a/an: 1) Gas Gauge 2) Amperes Gauge 3) Oil Gauge 4) Total Hour Meter 5) None of the above
21. The most important safety device on your lift truck is __________ . 1) Horn 2) Seat Belt 3) Warning Light 4) Backup Alarm 5) You
22. Rear wheel steering is used on lift trucks because it gives the operator greater control when using the forks. 1) True 2) False
23. You can stand under the forks, if the engine of the lift truck is turned off. 1) True 2) False
24. Anyone who has a valid driver's license can operate a lift truck. 1) True 2) False
25. When parking or leaving your truck, you should: 1) Park or leave your truck in a safe area away from traffic. 2) Lower the forks until they are flat on the floor. 3) Turn off the engine. 4) Set the parking brake and set the directional control to neutral. 5) All of the above
26. When transporting a load, you should not raise your load more than 8" from the ground. 1) True 2) False
27. You can drive a lift truck over any type of surface. 1) True 2) False
28. Which of the following should NOT be allowed during the refueling or recharging process? 1) Park your lift truck in a designated refueling / recharging area. 2) Do not block doorways or access to production or emergency equipment. 3) Keep a flame burning nearby to burn off unwanted vapors or gases. 4) Check to see that there is a fire extinguisher nearby.
You scored % on the test.
© 1997 Instructional Designs, Inc.